Thursday, January 25, 2024

Vegetarian Paradox

Vegetarian Paradox 

I wanted to write piece on antioxidants since I almost completed the survey on current Linux distributions and this site is dedicated to Linux.

Unfortunately visitor index to Linux has fallen down.

My only interest is to bring the Linux Desktop users up to 10%.

That is 1 out of 10 has some exposure to Linux.

When I started nearly 23 years ago the number of desktop users in Ceylon was 32 or 34.

It has not gone up significantly and with the economic downturn in Ceylon this is the ideal time to invest on Linux, at least to cut down on expenses.

I will leave it that and I will not invest further interest until 2025 when the next Debian Edition is due.

Linux especially Debian very is very stable currently and is on FREEZE MODE until 2025.

Going back to antioxidants, I ended up writing a book of 200 pages with a Title "Vegetarian Paradox".

In one chapter I had 30 (I stopped at 30) fruits and vegetable we have in Ceylon that have medicinal values far beyond a Western medical tablet. 

The problem is these fruits and vegetables are seasonal and there is no proper management system to help the growers. Often there is no coordination and vegetables are thrown to animals to eat due to low prices and production in excess of the demand.

Additionally some fruits like mangoes are grown as export industry and killing many other varieties of lovely but small local varieties. 

I am in Australia they have very good program to grow tropical fruits including mangoes and bananas.

Instead of exporting them we have to make the local people eat them to sustain the industry.

In my list of 30 Apples and Kiwi fruits are not included and I have not tasted a single apple or pear or kiwi.

I am happy with mangoes, bananas and avocados.

The fruit that I really promote is Pumpkins which has real medicinal value.

One pumpkin a day is better than few apples and Kiwi fruits.

By the way, Kiwi fruit is a Chines fruit brought in during "Gold Rush' which has limited nutritional value.

No comments:

Post a Comment