Sunday, December 23, 2018

What to do when one starts forgetting passwords?

What to do when one starts forgetting passwords?
Practically nothing. 
Unless of course one is proactive with the first signs of senility..
Some time ago, when I was busy (university on long term strike) and working all night downloading and testing Linux Distributions, temporarily, I forgot all the passwords for my bank accounts and emails.  
With some soul searching I developed a kind of reference and more importantly put them down in writing.
Now I forget where the little note book is kept.
Mind you I have been using www.wordpress.com to Google to every possible web outlets including wikipedia and Dropbox.
So many different passwords.
Finally, I decided to take a very long break and only used my cellphone.
That has its own disadvantages Yahoo thinks I exist in one incarnation and one phone and every time I try to log in with the PC (unfortunately automated) I need damn verification of my PC.

Internet has become a pain in the neck (or ARxx may be).

I have stopped using Facebook (many reasons) and use Twitter for my photo sessions (cannot log in with the computer or my tablet).
The Twitter also thinks I am of one incarnation not many like Aliens who are with us.

In fact, they treat me like an Alien. 

So my decision to wind off with Internet keep my sanity intact.
Today, I plugged in an external hard disk (Suse installed) and could not boot it or read its contents.
With trial and error I managed to boot with Linux tricks and it went in, in one stroke into Google Blog Spot and asked for my gmail password 19 characters long in Sinhala characters.
I hit the ceiling but using my reference code I blog my universal irritation here.
Good Bye to Internet and Happy Christmas and New Year, 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment