Sunday, December 23, 2018

How to avoid portfolios

How to avoid portfolios
I have very a simple method.
If somebody treats me lower or higher I avoid them by birth right.
The people that treat you higher including politicians near an election are basically greedy and part with your time, vote and the money.
Once the objectives are realized they disappear into thin air.
 

The people who treat you lower are the priests.
 

They are more dangerous than the above category.
They treat you like slaves.
You have to remove your shoes and hats for no valid reason.
At Gatambe one has to raise the backside, which I never do and pretend to have a serious back problem.
 

Raising the sarong falls onto the opposite spectrum.
 

There are some, including my relatives and friends, especially in Colombo who want, the same religious and slavish treatment and I have 1000 and odd reasons including global warming to fend them.

If I am asked to remove shoes (my comfort), I say I got a sore infectious heal or foot and remain in the vehicle and won't get down even for a chat.

I get my jobs (rarely now) and come home quietly late at night.

Staying overnight in Colombo is pain in the Arxx.

What I hate the most is the air-conditioning (serious air pollution including CO poisoning) of vehicles.
If they offer me a ride I refuse, saying, I prefer a quiet walk (never in this blessed city even on a Poya Day).
In fact, I had three hour walk (could have finished in half an our without the traffic).
But climbing Dharmaraja Climb on the new road was more arduous.

The road is meant for vehicles only and I could not find a water tap to moisten my dry lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment