Sunday, October 4, 2026

Crash Axe or Crawbar of Airbus

Crash Axe is a mandatory emergency equipment in modern commercial airlines with 20 passengers or more.
It is placed directly behind the co-pilot's seat. 

It has a thick blade and a pick.

Ceylonse crawbar is most likely replacement. 

I can remember using a crawbar when my second hand Peugeot car missed the cement plate leading to the garage door and landed, with the right rear wheel stuck in the drain. I disposed the car and stopped driving altogether having checked my vision.

By the way, the Eye Surgeon passed me OK but I did not believe him. I had a big "Blind Spot" which I was aware when playing snooker as a medical student.

Many Uses
It is used to kill the main pilot in the event he suffers a heart attack so that the co-pilot can take over.
In future only plumbers who can use this safety equipment would be trained as pilots.

By the way, this instrument is not available for passengers and crawbar weight is above the normal baggage allowance.

Other uses.
Pierce through hidden electrical fires to spray fire retardant.

Force open cabins when normal doors get jammed after a crash.

My advice 
Stop flying and stay grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment