Since this is the Testing Version frequent updates are mandatory.
It can be installed in a minimum of 12.7GB but if the /root is only 15GB there is only 2.3GB left in the /root partion for the update image. This is not enough. It may not work after first update even if you have installed minimum set of applications. After first update I had only 1.5GB space left. Even if I install only GNOME my minimum spare space is 2GB.
My current recommendation is twice as much of 25.5GB for updating to go on for 6 months or more.
The minimum of 15GB is OK for Trixie which is now almost FROZEN at 13.6.0.
I have Trixie and Bookworm installed on my NUC.
I do not recon 10 (Buster) and 11 (Bullseye) since they are not WiFi compatible and can be used only with Ethernet Connection.
Regarding SWAP I use as much as the RAM but I have several (4 SWAP partitions for the 4 Debian instances).
I have said Good Bye to Reborn OS and CachyOS and use only BlueStar Linux.
I have 3 insancee of BlueStar Linux Desktop, Desktop Pro and and Developer.
If you do not have a fast Interest you may use the basic and install Desktop later.bI did that in Ceylon.
No comments:
Post a Comment