Saturday, July 18, 2026

Neptune is a Superb KDE Desktop BUT

 Neptune is a Superb KDE Desktop BUT 

Neptune has become one of my favorite distributions.

It is Debian based.
Old kernel 612.
Its Image is 3.6GB and fits a 4GB USB stick.
I am installing it on top of Neon User.
I have no other partition to spare.

Well, it has some problems.
Its KDE takes ages to UPDATE.
It cannot even install AbiWord.
It allows Synaptic Package Manager to be installed but after UPDATES I cannot install GNOME applications.

So I installed all what I want including Blender using Synaptic Package Manager and then clicked the KDE UPDATE.
It seems to have worked BUT I cannot get GNOME under its SDDM Plymouth BootCofiguration.
That Script is Frozen and won't uodate with GNOME.
Well I am missing only the GNOME Desktop but since I installed all the GNOME applications before hand I can use them under Neptune Desktop.

Well BlueStar Linux let me install GNOME on its SDDM. That is why I am highly impressed by BlueStar Linux and I two instancrs installed in my NUC.

I trief installing Neptune to get GNOME but I failed.
I am giving up.
One can have only one GRUB File in EFI partition.
That finishes my Tedting of KDE desktop.
I keep Neptune to remind me that I hate KDE by default.

Well Voyager is a new finding.
It is beautiful and and I got GNOME on top of its desktop.



No comments:

Post a Comment