Saturday, June 13, 2026

What a Revealation after ditching ENDLESS OS

To begin with the figure of  8 Viris appears only if I press the keys hard. If I touch the keys light with prompt press the backspace key I have now installed 12 Linux distributions in the old ACER Laptop.
All working fine and no Microsoft Windows. Applications run faster than with ENDLESS OS and I have added 2 SWAP partitions help the 4GB RAM and altogether 25 partitions making roughly 20 to 30GB for the /root partition. Two of the distributions are dedicated to cellphone utilities. With ENDLESS OS running, I was considerimg diychimg the Laptop to the dustbin. Not any more.
Debian Trixie and Forky are included im the distributions im addition to all the popular ARCH derivatives except Manjaro I HATE. It took a couple of days to get both NUC and the Laptop.
Laptop is the testing ground and then they go to the NUC.  It has 11 Linux Derivatives.
I make few mistakes due to small font size and my poor vision.
I have EFI partitiom to a EXT partition and GRUB fell back to an old edition not being able to boot the last distrition installed. My careful investigation revealed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment