Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Debian 12.4.0 Genome Live DVD Install

I had some problem with Debian 12.4.0 DVD1, install.


Live installer assumed it as DVD install and ask for DVD to install VLC and Abiword.

AbiWord was my major issue!


It is only about 28 to 32MB and if any distribution does not support it, I have decided to not to support it.
It may be that during the New Year Holiday, the Server was not switched on.
 

I wanted both synaptic and FlATPAK if not SNAP of Ubuntu.

Today, I tried OpenHipster and it won't give me a graphic desktop.


Annoyed I erased it and mounted Gnome 12.4.0 and in a Live Session it offered me FLATPAK and decided install it instead.

It is currently downloading the package store.

It looks like Debian is committed to the Calamara Installer.

At last I got AbiWord installed in Debian Gnome.

I think the problem is most likely with the WiFi system.

It is slow due to evrybody is using WiFi now.

Dedicated Ethernet (not available to me currently in Australia) may be the easy way to install additional software.

I am going to get Frozen Bubble and VLC before I lose the connection with Flatpak.

I'll keep you posted.

In software update, it is currently downloading LibreOffice, Does not say which version.

Thunderbird and system updates.

I got my favorite Dilo.

Opera is not available.

I am getting down all the writer software now.

Found USB formatter and image writer.

It is worth the trouble and I am going to get BOX and no VirtualBox.

Audacity and asunder audio CD ripper included.

Blender and Scribus included.

Inkscape next.

Clementine and beach-bit I have forgotten many of the packages including sweeper.

I am hitting A-Z alphabetical order!

Yes I am Frozen Bubble while installation is underway!

Tux Line is included.

By the way, Synaptic Software Manger is also working OK.

 

What is important is Flatpak install software within a  container. What synaptic does is to identify the software installed and add additional plugging missing in Flatpak.

Absolute synergy with software management. No need to work on a terminal for updates.

I tired with AbiWord and now updating VLC.

It is slow but works OK.

The safe bet is to use the synaptic for installing the packages.

One need to know the package name exactly, though.

With Flatpak I could not get camera utilities including digicam.

FLATPAK- Some Comments

1. Good for Kids

2. Large Panels Identify Applications Placed on the desktop

3. They are arranged horizontally

4. The Item can be brought to the bottom panel

5. Kids games can be placed at the bottom panel

6. I have arranged all my writing tool at the bottom.

7. Flatpack can be activated by by a normal user but installing and uninstalling need root password.

8. Debian has done a good job and opening desktop can be and log in screen can be zoomed to a bigger size and good for Visually Handicapped.


No comments:

Post a Comment