Wednesday, October 12, 2022

PCM and History Repeat Itself

PCM=Protein Calorie Malnutrition.
I have seen PCM in adult during Sirima and NM.

We on the verge of PCM if rain fails in the upcountry.
This time with population of 5 times that in 1960s the case load will be unsurmountable.
I give an example, the current slice of bread will float in air like in early 1970, if the fan on top of the table is in full speed to counter global warming.
There is so much air in each piece thanks to over fermentation with yeast.

Now I am impressed by how the biscuit manufacturers have responded to price hike of four.

1. Crunch each piece is no more.
2. I feel that each piece is lighter and there is lot of air in each.
3. Weight of the packet is labeled 20 grams less from earlier 100 grams.
5
4. The packet itself is bloated with nitrogen.
5. However the price has gone up by 300%.
There is no difference with parippu wade and masala wade which has gone up in price. There are no prawn wade now in Kandy.

So PCM soon will effect my health and I have hypoglycaemia by 1PM.

I know it well because I used to get hypoglycaemia at about this time when I was enjoying good wine (never poll arrak).

I do not mind kicking the bucket like BBC to support preemptive strikes on Russia.

But I do not want to see kids with PCM again.

I think we should ban early morning exercise for kids in school.
It is time for us to provide Gundu Banis (buns the government gave us in school again and we used to make mati-guli or mud balls to play with the mates during morning brake) to school kids and teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment