Friday, September 30, 2022

Mint has overtaken Ubuntu

Yes Linux Mint has overtaken Ubuntu.

I hated it by being an avid free software addict and never used Mint with commercial codecs in the past.

Time has changed, I have softened and I still say Ubuntu's ESP Utility is FAB and if not for that I would have given up with Ubuntu and stuck only with Debian.

One word about Intel NUC, it only supports USBs of high capacity and one cannot boot from an external SATA connected with a USB 2 or ?3.

I had a 320GB old (not SATA) with corrupt boot record.

I installed Ubuntu and Mint.

I still have 200GB left.
Unlike Apple and Windows, Linux does not have bloatware.

That is it's beauty.

Trying to boot with Debian 15 series was a total failure on the external disk.

But Debian is running superbly on the NUC with WiFi connection.

It does not have Abiword but Emmabantus come and fill up that gap in depreciating and old packages.

I believe for another 5 to 10 years these utilities should remain and we have not recovered from the pandemic but we are going to get hit worse by economics.

Turning to Linux, even this late will bring healthy outcomes.

Thanks Linus Torvalds you are a real Gentleman!

DO NOT throw away old gadgets at least DONATE to schools in the third world.


No comments:

Post a Comment