Friday, September 30, 2022

Ubuntu and Mint on a Intel NUC

I bought a NUC without a hard disk and only 8GB RAM.

Intel's  visual secure boot is a bit of a pain.

I am not sure one can dual boot but it has option for Windows and Linux at boot time.

Both Ubuntu 21 and Ubuntu derivative Mint are running sleekly in the box.

I haven't got Steam 3 to test the games.

NUC bottom is for the SATA have disk.

It has power cable and data cable both are tiny.

It runs at 18 Watt capacity when not running games.

NUC top consists of integrated Graphics, System and there are two slots for memory.

It is very quiet when running.

I bought it to cut on my electricity bill.

It has WiFi, unlike my old PC in which, I have to stick a USB Huawei Mobile unit (with a SIM card).

I bought it from Lanka Bell but Lanka Bell service did not reach out house.

Both Linux distributions  booting with a  USB stick avoid proprietary codec utilities but guess, one can download them after installation.

I am not sure whether one has to pay for some utilities which I have no objection to Ubuntu.

Ubuntu guys and girls also have to pay for their rice and curry at a time of global meltdown and food crisis.

There is no free meal which is a saying in UK and I am not sure what Biden''s War machine is saying in America to poor Americans.

May be buy your our own food from Odessa in Ukraine as mercinaries.

Well they can join Ukraine as mercinaries which is already well into action with more than 70% of Ukrainians who are deactivated (in other words dead or injured).

CNN, BBC and FOX News deliberately count down on casualties and if they are not down why are they asking new recruits from abroad?

President Putin is up to it and there is numerical superiority probably 1 to 3 and incrementally rising.

It was not so during early phase of the invasion.

When we had LTTE War we were asked to tighten our belts and my belt had being tight all my life (over work) but after retirement my belly is no more flat but bulging.

That applies (obesity) to all our members including the domestic aid.

I am thankful to Ranil and Combo very soon we will need belts.

I am specially thankful to President Putin, the problem of obesity, he solved without firing a single bullet in the direction of America but unfortunate guys in X-elensky Zone will have sleepless and hungry nights.

This what the war brings but during our ethnic problems we were including LTTE were very well fed.

Not anymore in Ceylon.


No comments:

Post a Comment