Friday, August 13, 2021

Messing Up with the Laptop and Hard Disks

Yes I have made a hash of everything possible with my Laptop and spare hard disks..
One hard disk with 160 GiB mounted on a  USB 2 did not boot or my PC did not read the contents.
They were 32 bits files, I believe.
Most likely it was removed from old Media Hard disk.
The second one 320 Media hard disk.
The hard disk on the Laptop was 1 terra bite  and Endless OS used the entire hard disk for mere 88 GiB with  work space.
A collosal waste and I wanted to erase it having taken out of the Laptop.
I wanted to install BSD on the 160 GiB hard disk.

I mounted it and booted and installed BSD.
Installation on ZFS file system was fine but it did not have a desktop but booted on terminal like a server.

Not knowing much of BSD I could not even exit from the setting.

It boots without waiting for USB or DVd ROM.
I could not erase it.

However BSD did a nice thing It erased the Microsoft's annoying NO boot Media script.

Then I removed the hard disk and put the 320 GiB and and tried  to install True OS but it did not finish the installation saying fatal error but left a bootable ESP partition.

I am currently installing Debian 10.9.1 and hopefully Emmabantus Debian 11 edition.
I did not want to try Ubuntu since it does not make a fresh ESP bootable partition of about 100 MB.

Worse scenario was to put the hard disk with Endless OS.

I feel defeated and tomorrow I go put and purchase two external mounts for the two hard disk if available in the market.

I was getting bored and more problems to.solve it is better for my brain.

I have Endless OS in my PC with few more applications to download and one Rupee for every one MB downloaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment