Saturday, June 12, 2021

Puppy Quirky 64 bit 7.2 Series

This is just to day I found another 64 bit Puppy derivative.
It did not have Gparted but let me use fdisk to partition a Micro SD card which I could not do with Gparted.

DD to delete
O to open a partition table and
N for a new partition
1 for number of partitions.
That it.
4 letters and one numerical character my the Micro SD back to life.
I am using it to instal Multiple Linux distributions including Knoppix 8.2 with a persistent volume and MultiSystem and Gparted included.
Debian does not let you Install in a USB or SD card (simply its volume is overwhelming) but get the files in and with a Debian DVD-1 in hand for reference one can install it using the USB.

Thanks Quirky but you were considerate not to erase my 16GB saying it only readable but not writable (overwrite).

This is also all time fame one can save to RW DVD.
I did not have a writable CD to test it.
I tried to ease the RW DVDs with 1999 cricket.
I could not.
I have made them once writable permanent copies.
Without Windows (off for 5 years) I cannot watch them.
Nothing to lose and save time to do something valuable.
I do not watch Ceylon or Indian Cricket at all.
The Coronavirus is the end for IPL.
In a way it is good for cricket in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment