Thursday, March 14, 2019

Original Purpose of this site

Original Purpose of this site

I was trying to find the best hundred Linux distributions in the same spirit as the Fortune-100 but I could not.

Then, I decided to rate the distributions myself that I have downloaded on a scale of my own.

I posted the list of items and rated PCLinux2009.2 as my best distribution and published that on an alternative web site.

This was the site I used for the past 4 years for freelance activity. 

The site was named www.writeclique,net published under the British Council Library.

To my surprise there was some interference with the site with malicious intent.

This I discovered done with the knowledge of the Government to interfere with free exchange of opinions.

I used to write things that politicians would not like to their taste, my writing may have caused the attack.
The Web Administrator confirmed the interference.

Since the election was due in 10 days and if the web site becomes active after election, my gut feelings would become correct.

Thank god that Google gave me this opportunity, I started with two poems to begin with and ended up over 2000 pieces.
Even with Google, then government stopped its live coverage in Ceylon. 

It could be seen in Singapore (outside the country)
I alerted the Google of the shoddy deal.
Thanks Google for your untiring efforts for free exchange of ideas.

Time has come to winding up operations.

However, I have deleted all the political stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment