Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Baby Elephant’s Dream

Baby Elephant’s Dream

I was born free
In the Jungle
To roam about
As any other
Jungle being

Soon it was not to be
My mum was shot at
She was mortally wounded
I was in tears
I wanted my mum
Back again

Not a foster mum?

Yes my aunties
And the rest of the gang
Were of towering help
In my grief
Till it was declared
An “Amnesty” for
My mum’s exterminators

I too was shot at
I felt numb and
I  wished and thought
About my death

But it was a dream!

When I was woken up
I was out of the jungle
In another plane
And another place
With strange people
Around me
Holding something
I had never seen before

There was something
Which looked
White inside
But tasted awful
But I preferred

A little bit of water

Then I was rounded up
Put in a moving object
I felt dizzy
All the same
On this unguided tour
Which I hated

I was taken
To a place where
Many of my kind
Was incarcerated
With very little
Rebellion!
To my surprise
 

Soon I was declared
An orphan
The name of the place
I heard was Pinnawala
 

I wished
And wanted to be dead
Never to be born

Again
In this Paradise Island

No comments:

Post a Comment