Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fedora 16 is out-Pretty Good

Fedora is pretty Good


Update on Genome Live
Unlike Ubuntu's Unity, Fedora Unity Desktop (I think it is Unity-I may be wrong) is amazingly beautiful and new desktop experience.
They have iron out the problem with Workplaces they are placed on the right hand side for easy manipulation for right handed guy/girl.

Its application arrangement is good unlike in Ubuntu Unity, which is both Applications and Software management.

We have to get used to this new desktop and give them constructive criticism.

I love the new experience in my old age and have to go through with the learning curve like a kid which invigorate me and make me feel young.

It has a nice introduction and help page, too.

One of my web friends have gotten problems with HP.
I am afraid I got to disagree. If HP is not supporting hardware in future (they have discontinued production already), Fedora is right to withhold support for HP. I installed it in my old IBM computer with 128 (AGP) Nvidia Graphic card and unlike previous Fedora amazingly fast and sleek.
I pity for the guys who bought HP. 
Even in this small island Ceylon university entrants were forced to buy HP (not giving these information beforehand was a bad business practice) by a politician with some hidden agenda.
I now go and say do not buy HP except their Cloud Service.
I should blame HP not Fedora who is doing a wonderful job.


I am posting this with Fedora 16 KDE Live CD booted and Konquerer Browser.
It booted pretty fast with my old IBM NetVista with 128 NVidia AGP Graphic card.
Look is elegant and running is smooth.
I may have to go for my old flame Redhat again and no doubt I am going to install it soon when I start formatting all my hard disk towards December.
I am currently downloading gnome version but I must confess I am KDE addict because of K3B burn utility which is the best in town and saved all my DVD drivers.
They have done a professional job.
So Ubuntu or no Ubuntu Linux will survive the cloud challenge too.
I hope they soon add a Cloud Utility Like Ubuntu ONE.
Fedoora must realize Ubuntu is nose and half ahead in the race with cloud and tablet ready.
I wish both distribution Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011.
Thank for beating the Christmas RUSH

No comments:

Post a Comment