Sunday, June 19, 2011

Open Invitation to join me in Promoting Debian 6.0.1 Version of Sinhala and Tamil Linux

Open Invitation to join me in Promoting Debian 6.0.1 Version of Sinhala and Tamil Linux.
This is an open invitation to first 100 or so Sinala and Tamil Debian users to join me and promote Debian.
Please note there in no commercial interest here and a Community Project. Long drawn out industrial action has given me some time to devote for Sinhala and Tamil Linux.
Requirements.

1. You should have a valid email account.

2. You should not be a University Student (I have free access to them) and a Sri-Lankan citizen.

3. Make a comment on this entry with your wish to have a DVD (not CD) image or a DVD.

4. You must tell me the easiest way to reach me by email, by post, by visit to my office (or secretary) or by sharing a Dropbox Folder with the images.

5. First 10 contacts will (probably) will get a free DVD from me if they wish to join me in promoting Sinhala and Tamil Linux and not to make any commercial exploitation of my efforts (no agents). One has to contact me direct.

6. Target audience by web is only 100 (provided that the industrial action is over, if not I will continue).

7. If this is a success, I will post a paper advertisement with a coupon to reach me by post for the next 900 (1000 in all). I will announce it here and elsewhere.

8. Linux is 20 years old now and is very stable (especially Debian) and the conference in America, the registration alone is $500/=. 
This is my celebration of the 20th anniversary.

9. If you visit parafox, asokaplus (wordpress) and asokafixed (onsugar) there is enough information about Linux which I have posted including lessons over the last 5 years.

10. It looks like mostly Americans visit my site (by statistics).

For ones who wants to share the Dropbox Folder with Linux some work needs to be done to increase my folder to 8 GiB. Currently I have other Linux images to share with my Linux friends.
I will give complement CD/DVDs to each one (at my cost of posting and packaging) up to first 10 who reach me by email.

1. Forward me your email address.
2. I will send an email through Dropbox inviting you to join me.
3. Then you must register with dropbox through my invitation.
4. Download Dropbox and install it in your computer.
5. Send me email and I will give permission to share the folder and you have to synchronize with your Dropbox (automatically done by Dropbox) 
6. Burn the iso image to a DVD and enjoy.
7. For Dropbox guys / girls I will have a special treat (I have over 100 images with me now ) and I will drop one after one of recent images (not debian but other distributions)downloaded in that folder for you to try.
I get over 100 emails a day and I love my privacy very much and the industrial action gave me a window of opportunity to reach out.
Enjoy it when I am free.
God only knows how long?
Please make sure you give minimum of bio-data to verify the authenticity and identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment