Sunday, September 19, 2010

SAMLinux-93

My live CD craze started with SAM 2007 and it went up to SAM 2009.
It is a derivative of PCLinuxOS and is based on xFce.

My attempt at testing 100 live CDs wouldn't have taken place if I did not come across SAM-2007 almost by accident.

All the credit goes to SAM and the xFce. This is long before the my discovery of PCLinux.

It's last edition based on PCLinux was on August, 2009.

I waited long to I see the new edition in 2010 that is not to be yet and that will be a brand new edition and not based on PCLinux.

Unfortunately it is not going to be before I finish the 100.

SAM 2007 was the best live CD for me for quite a long time with games and lot of web utilities and that was the CD I used to demonstrate Linux (how easy to mount a live CD and configure internet cards).

I will edit this page when a new edition is on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment