I do not know how Savithri Gunathilake our environmentalist views this two ceremonies.
Kap Kapeema
Cutting a young sapling of Artocarpus Heterophylis that is our rice substitute is an alien concept.
This when Rajapaksa goons fell 10 of the 11 jackfruit trees in our neighbourhood for timber that made me to become a political antithesis to Rajapaksa Regime.
To this day that resolve remains.
I initiated a campaign to oust him in which we succeeded but the regime that followed was a total disaster.
They were trying to barter part of our country to LTTE.
Now Nimal Ranjith Dewasiri is carrying it forward.
I was an environmentalist long before and my book "Living with Nature" at Amazon Books is selling well in America.
My major concern was disappearance of our birds partcular the Kottoruwas.
Polos Kottoruwa or the Brown headed burber, similar to the colour of bark of jackfruit tree, is all that is left in the wild.
It would come to my rooftop garden looking for water to drink.
Besides fruits of our palm trees was their delicacy.
All the exotic varieties including crimesome headed variety are gone for good.
Thanks to Rajapaksa gang.
Koss, Polos and Dhel I am missing in Australia.
I remeber Arthur Vincent Dias our "Koss Mama" dearly.
It is bounden duty to plant at least one jackfruit tree and maintsin it, instead of a Karthacolmbu mango tree.
Jackfruit tree not only lookafter our underwater streams but also prevents landslides.
Diyw Kapuma
Diya Kapuma is an Evolutionary Need of mankind.
Not too little rain.
Not too much rain.
When rulers are Niragamikayos both floods, draughts, disaster and famine are common.
This has happened during Kalinga and Maga.
That is what has happened to Ceylon with short "Maha Maga Man" on high chair.
This Curse will continue until this regime is in power.
Only Wimal Weeravansa remains us to take us forwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment