I need at least 8 desktops.
Ended up getting 10.
I wanted the application icons to be large enough for me to see them and identity them from a distance.
Finding the many for resizing was the most difficult. With Right and Left click of the mouse I found it. I resized 3 times to remember where it is and how to get there.
It has so many optionns available that using KDE for customization looks ridiculously primitive.
Window Mangers and Desktops are mamged by two entirely different schemes.
One is about individual behaviour of each Window. The other is about the glossy appearance of the Desktop and application bundle associated with the distribution.
I a GNOME guy having exmamined various KDE Desktop supporting KDE from Neptune to Netrunner to Vailinux to KDE Neon to KADER42, I settled down with 2 instances of BlueStar Linux, the most beautiful KDE.
Then I went for
Bookworm 43
Trixie Gnome 48
To Debian Forky GNOME is GNOME 50.
It started with GNOME 3 variant of Strech, Wheezy and the rest.
GNOME has evolved to become my Number (1) desktop. It is only Wayland and has removed X11 sessions completely. It is called Tokyo.
Now my Enlightenment SAGA is to keep and revive X11 history from where I begun my Linux Journey to this day.
I actually started hating Wayland and Ubuntu for disrupting the incremental improvement of the look and functionality of GNOME desktop.
That is why I call UBUNTU is a virus on Linux development and Wayland is pandemic virus.
No comments:
Post a Comment