Sunday, July 5, 2026

Comparison of BIG Linux with ELive

Please note some of my comments about ARCH derivatives are related to my Old Laptop.
They have no problem with my NUC.

There is no comparison.
Big Linux is the Winner.
Like Manjaro it installs within 10 minutes, simply because there is no Live UPDATES as with CachyOS.
After installation it states that there are UPDATES available but it does not force me to click a button for UPDATES.
The onus is mine.
I know where it is and I click UPDATES when basic set up is configured.
It is usually over 1GB. 
I click uodates, after a little while, It says system is up to date
Often, before I come back from a cup of CEYLON TEA the installation is over.

It is very beautiful
Lot of Desktop designs to choose.
I have two choices
One for NUC.
One for ACER Laptop.

THANK You GOOGLE for helping me on one finger typying.

My Ultimate choice is can I installed Blender.
Audacity 
VLC and my AbiWord.
As a supporter of LibreOffice I now always make a point to install it.
I use to ditch it or Remove it deliberately.

LibreOffice takes space more than even the Blender.

Having installed Elive after some PAINFUL 3 hours experince of waiting, I thought it is cakewalk installing Elive on my NUC.
It says BOGUS system integrity failure ti take ove my hard disk.
I am a hard nut.
No one can entice me.
I gave the lowest partition size of 16.6GB.
Enlightenment dedktop needs only 415MB.
It failed, since it could not digest my Partition Table of 20 partitions.

By the way, they know me for ages, from Yahoo Mail.
My first and the oldest email.
They still send messages to Yahoo Mail which I delete as they come.

I gave my gmail and there were two messages from Elive with a free download of version 49. 

I already had 50 version in my hand

This is almost a sham. 

That what I going to write in my book.

I have nothing against developers asking for donations.
But I scuttle instances in which or until a few bucks are scooped from the gullible. 

This is what the teeage scammers do.

I am going to erase the USB with Elive image. I have only 12 USB sticks under 16GB. The "Only USB" stick which my son in law bought in Australia was 32GB. 
I do not want to waste 32GB stick for a 4 to 6GB image.
Smallest image is 1.1GB of PUPPY EasyOS.
4ML Linux is small (300MB to 1.2GB) but I haven't tested it fir a long time.

4M stands for 
Maintenance  for booting problems 
Multimedia for Audio and Vudeo
Miniserver for Network and file sharing.
Mystery for clssic games.

I actually bought second hand SSD for 50 bucks and I left it in Ceylon. 
I was to go back in 3 months with over 2000 books on shelves. 
On second thought it was a blessing.

Avoided Ditva the recent storm and floods which twisted the Railway Track near our home. I used to walk dangerously on the metal plates to the University (short cut), as a student on the side of the track with missing plates in the middle. 
One can easily fall to the river through these misding metal plates.

Now the Food and Feul Crisis.

I love reading to Linux computing.
My book on mosquitoes will never see the day light. I left all the notes in Ceylon.

By the way, I will have no more on Linux until my book on "Linux Essentials" is published.

All these probing was to make the book relevant. 
Even my book on exotic Fruits and Vegetables of CEYLON did not take that long to write.

There are 5 books to be finished.

I am already thinking about the 6th Title.


No comments:

Post a Comment