Sunday, June 6, 2021

This is how you a write book with AbiWord on USB

It is very simple.

You need not want Windows.

Unfortunately Debian does not support AbiWord.

There are other options since AbiWord is light weight and has no operating gear or system to boots on it's own.

Even FATPup is supporting LibreOffice.

Download XenialPUP or PrecisePUP and make a USB bootable stick.
Both of them have AbiWord as a default application.
It can be included in any Linux distribution and it's footprint is small BUT it's versatility unparalleled.

Android not supporting it has no concerns for me.
I will never get to start writing a book on Android unless I have a Mouse at hand copy and paste functions.

I recommend minimum 8 GB stick but even 4 GB stick is good enough for pdf files.

AniWord can be saved In many formats including LibreOffice and Words.

AbiWord's strength is it's precise page formatting.

Then working up that file saved in LibreFormat in LibreOffice is pretty easy for a final touch up.

Boot your USB either in your Laptop and PC and start your first Novel without Internet.

I have already started a book on Puppy Linux and my other book on laptop is top secret for the time being.

I am not going to miss Grammerly and other typefaces which are actually a hindrance to my writing style.

By the way Androids do not support AbiWord, the alternatives including Notion need connection to Internet with clutter and  unnecessary interruptions.

I need Internet connection only when I decide to publish.

Do not waste time on LibreOffice and Words, then have Gorrila sized image.

By the way, advertisements are the biggest hindrance.


No comments:

Post a Comment