Thursday, April 11, 2013

PCLinux-KDE in 64 bits

PCLinux-KDE in 64 bits
Even, though I said I will stop downloading and testing Linux, I have to eat my words with the New Year Eve approaching.
It's FullMonty and PCLinux 64 bit version are out after long delay.
I think they have dedicate it to TextStar who stepped down few months ago.
I believe they did it with care and caution.
If one visit the forum, they guys/girls use to prick on the sore point, that was lack of 64 bit version.
I think those critics have to stomach the labor pains now.
It is my workhorse and favorite apart from Pinguy Linux.
Thanks Guys/Girls of the PCLinux for keeping the promise.
I hope you go up the Distrowatch ranking to Number One, now.
It has a monthly magazine online which I rarely read since I am more into the Linux Magazine which is celebrating 12 years and the May Magazine came with a DVD with all the 149 past editions in digital format.
I could not open with a Linux utility probably targeted for Windows Guys and Girls.
I will run it in a window BOX if Win guy or girl let me run it on a Window's idiot BOX. 
Ubuntu is also have a Magazine now and if you are running Ubuntu, it is a good idea to subscribe for the magazine.
I rarely use (mainly use it for demonstration) Ubuntu on a regular basis and with Unity and Magazine I may have to change my attitude towards Ubuntu.
It just I cannot break old habits and I am happy with PCLinux (Mandrake derivative from where I started the live CDs from which addition I will never be (LIVE CD/DVD) CURED.)

No comments:

Post a Comment