Sunday, February 10, 2013

Libre-Office-4-0-Great Stuff from Apache Foundation


Libre-Office-4-0-Great Stuff from Apache Foundation
I have downloaded (torrent file from www.linuxtracker.og) tested LibreOffice 4.0 and I am amazed by the quality of Libre-Office 4.0.
Thanks a lot Guys/ Girls in Apache.
You are simply marvelous!
I have been using Open Office for more than a decade but when Oracle dumped it changed myself to AbiWord for all my work but continued to use LibreOffice for presentations for my students (only) with Impress / Powerpoint.
The file can be accommodated in Mini CD and installs breezily.
Only problem was I had to install Microsoft Windows 7 in my computer.
I used a paid copy which I never registered (kept it for testing purposes and this is the first time in 5 years I have used Windows for a test) and to my amazement, it is telling me that it is not a valid copy.
It was in our dungeon for three years, exactly.
Anyway, all this was to help my daughter in her class work and she has Win-XP and Installed it to show that one need not buy Office 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment