Monday, January 14, 2013

Using the laptop to keep me warm

Using the laptop to keep me warm
It is freezing cold at night.
I could not drop to sleep.
I pulled the laptop from its cooler stand.
Outcome, is this blog piece.
few months age without no rain, I would have never foretasted this eventuality.
Even daytime the temperature is below 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
At 2 a.m it is hovering round 70 with my room door open.
It is kept open for my dog to come in, in case he needs a warmer place.
He is under my bed and fast asleep but would get up with any movement that may be a warning signal.
There will be few topics this year how to make successful cuttings from a vanilla plant.
When it was slightly warmer I attended to it with sun over my head.
But real reporting here is about me pulling out over 250 of my web writing which was at a site defunct due to some surveillance activity.
I found it running again and started pulling them out one by one.
I could not retrieve any of them for over a year.
I have left only the articles relating to Linux, Environment, Philosophy and perhaps some humour (not satire).
With the way how cyber-freedom is developing, I see no valid currency in them and also making the servers space available for young blood.
In any case they will be preserved and itemized in some way digitally.
The sad truth is what was expected from these writing were not heeded by those responsive.
I have a catalogue of unfulfilled but socially important issues.
If one has a ear but do not listen it is a serious handicap.
To add to that when mass apathy and selfishness rule the day content and context are out of place and out of time.
None of this deter mine writing or writing skills but I made valid but political choice of my own and there are many media making money that should pause and make a valid contribution.
In another few years, paper media will cease to make any impact anyway except advertisements and web will rule all aspects of human exchange.
One cannot put a plug on it.
It will finds its way somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment