Tuesday, January 3, 2012

AbdulEdu-French Distribution with Educational Utilities

AbdulEdu-French Distribution with Educational Utilities
AbdulEdu is one of the best Linux distributions with educational packages.
With my limited ability in French and able assistance of text in English, I was able to mount the live DVD which is 2.6 GiB and browse some of the features (not comprehensive due to my limited French acquaintance) and this is one I would recommend for educationists this year.
It is Server/Client edition and there something for teachers and parents.
Sometime ago i made a request from the developers to develop Educational Linux distribution that is age based and this distribution has done it in one DVD.
Good work done I hope the English version get a kick off this year.

The download took almost two days and I hope they leave an image at Linuxtracker.
Suse has also deposited its Suse Life (Linux for Education) image at Linuxtracker and I will come back with a update soon once download is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment