Friday, March 25, 2011

Sinhala Linux Update-Sabayon-5.5

I am pleased to inform you not only Debian but Sabayon which is a Gentoo based Linux distribution with many excellent graphic features let you install Linux on a laptop in Sinhala.
it has XMBC.
Unfortunately Gentoo Live DVD has not got a script to install on a computer.Make sure you have Sabayon but not Gentoo but if you want to demonstrate Linux features especially XMBC use Gentoo but I prefer Sabayon.

Thanks Guys and Girls at Sabayon for introducing Sinhala capability.

Edited on the 26th March
I have to confess now even though Sinhala is there for installation, in two installation incidents in my laptop the translation was not complete or not available in the DVD (probably one has to download the script from the repository which is the way Gentoo and probably Sabayon operates and I did not want to try because of slow speed of our Telecoms.

It states the availability of many languages and whether one needs to remove them during installation.
I would be happy to hear from anybody who had the time to try this facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment