Sunday, August 15, 2010

KONGONI-66

KONGONI sounds Congo for me taking the name from the wildebeest, the mascot of GNU systems.

It is Slackware based and does not violate GNU agreement nor ship proprietary software.

It has gnash for Flash which is very very good alternative.
It has it own installer.

KISS- Kongoni Integrated Set Up System.

P.I.G.= Ports Installation GUI which means programs are downloaded as source files thus saving download time (it took me a considerable time to download KDE 4 to test) and packages are built automatically as in the habit of Debian tradition in the good old days.

Only blemish is that it forgot to mention the password for Kongoni.

I used my intuition
to type live and it worked and saved me time.

These little things guys and girls always forget (Brainy Chaps are sometimes absent minded like me).
Well done.
I will like it because it keeps old and well tested traditions going on for the next generation to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment