Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Peppermint Reinstall

Peppermint Reinstall
I had some problem with LibreOffice.
For the second time LibreOffice froze saying I have exceeded the cash at backup folder.
Instructed me to FREE memory and try but it never re-started LibreOffice.
I immediately re-installed SuSe in my second hard drive and used LibreOffice from Suse and backed up my last two books in preparation (I am getting lazy to write now) and downloaded Peppermint and created a MicroSd USB using ImageWriter of SuSe and reinstalled.
Installing with USB was brisk except for the installation of language pack (local servers are very slow).
Just to wild the time till it installed the language pack, completed this blog piece.

Peppermint use a light weight window manager (unlike KDE and SuSe).
That let me do the background work using Google Document.
Peppermint does not have Office.
I will download it later.
Software center is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment