Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Warning to GNOME and its Developers and SyneX

It seems everybody including SyneX which is Argentina based has gone for KDE and not GNOME Desktop.
All Gnome desktop based distributions failed to install on my NUC.
Most likely due to failure of drivers.

1.Moccacino Gnome failed.
2. Soplos Gnome of Spain failed.
3. SyneX from Argentina succeeded but took 90 minutes to install.
4. Pure GNOME Iso failed.
5. Only Debian Gnome is successful.

SyneX GNOME is beautiful and I have a copy installed
It is bit clumsy compared to Debian Gnome but panel items are attractive.
It has its own repository but lot of basic GNOME stuff is missing.
It has a bundle of KDE applications including Falkon Browser.
Could not install Vivaldi and Opera and on. That ground alone it put me off.
I am. Keeping it only because of its GNOME.
Enlightenment Desktop did not boot property.

I cannot recommend it to a newbie.
When I installed Latex Chinese base for testing it filled up the entire root partition.
EMAC failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment