Saturday, December 31, 2022

Updating Your Linux PC with Daily Power Cuts

 Updating Your Linux PC with Daily Power Cuts

It is nearly 5 AM in the morning and I decided to Update 338 packages which I purposely delayed.

I am not a guy who go for daily update.

I use few utilities and if they work OK, why bother.

Most of the updates were for LibreOffice Firefox and X System and System V Init and GRUB boot loader.

It took nearly 45 minutes.

Downloading.

Installing.

Configuring.

Thankfully there were no power outages and it is almost over.

Be careful when updating in Ceylon. 

Mind you unlike in Windows not rebooting and I could get to the Internet and blog this while update was on.

Mind You I did use Dialog WiFi with a Ethernet Jack fearing pure wireless may be slow.

Data transfer is fast with Ethernet which Linux is good at.

Wireless work with Linux I am cautious.

By the way, it went into dark mode,which I am not going to change to save current usage.

My NUC is using about 15 Watts.

That is lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment