Sunday, October 28, 2018

SIM Cards


SIM Cards

Most sensitive port once one removes a back cover of a cellphone is the SIM port.

Its design leaves no margin of error.

One needs (finger nails are not strong enough) delicate manipulation.

One who used to do cut down on neonates in Ceylon (before fine needles came into existence) could not master it in my twilight years.

Even, the Telecoms guy (half my age) could not do it in my presence.

He had to go inside and get some help from one who was adept at fine instruments (my first SIM, relatively big compared to ones that are in use today; It was a highly manipulative skill or act).

I have now mastered it with the help of a safety pin, that ladies use.

Certainly a pin won’t be of help but a opened up safety clip would.

These things are now technically called life hacks.

My current problem is not manipulation but vision which is getting dull, day by day.

After effect is lot of Typos and my early retirement from digital work.

I am still adept at NOT touch typing but the age old K.(o), K.(o) System (where is the key syndrome, the misplaced key) with the typewriter; The vision come secondary.

I am very bad at keys (car key syndrome).

There is a simple computer remedy.

Increase the font size to your needs.

One does not have to be a “techy’ but improvise simple common sense solution.

The bottom line is one gets a new cellphone get a guy (not on the counter, counter guys are not techys but tricksters par excellence -hoodwink you in seconds-who sell cheap stuff to gullible and stupid customers!) to install it.

Do not try to reinstall it but ask for downloads which go cheap by Rs.100/= and you have to wait over the counter which I hate. 
That is why I say do not have a cellphone but a land phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment