Sunday, February 18, 2018

Singing Birds


Singing Birds


I wake up to the sound of singing birds.


I have now faced with a problem.


I try to identify them by their chirpy, chippy, churns but cannot.


Let me list the ones I can identify.


Crows caw, quacks of duck, cock-a-doodle-doo of cocks and few more.


But I hate the whine of mosquitoes.


They keep me up all night.


So, when I am up early with a nasty bite of a mosquito, with raging anger, to calm me and get to Metta Mode, I listen to the early birds.


Probably our domesticated fowl is the first to crack and wake up.


Then the jungle fowl and little later and afterwords, there are many more birds whistling which I cannot identify but worth recording on a sonogram.

I can identify the Polkhicha that come and gobble my guppies.

Then the babblers, bul bul and last the Ceylon Oriole and the parrots and musical coucal.


I cannot count ten (ducks are not in my neighbourhood but are in frozen state in a deep freezer) and I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment