Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Choice of Cloud Utilities.

This is an email I have sent to my friends.

I have already sent you an invitation for you to join a cloud (open source) utility called EyeOS.
It is cute and it can be organized around your email.
I like it because of its simplicity.
I am into cloud computing and have tried three already with varying degree of complexity.

1. Dropbox is a commercial variant but its contract is bit dicey.
2. Ubuntu One is a good one with 5 GiB storage.
3. CloudSUB is elegant
4. JoliCloud is elaborate and from there only I found EyeOS.
5. EyeOS (this is a cloud desktop and a very thin client).

Is also a Web OS. I have a live CD called EyeNux which can be booted from a the Live CD with access to files in the hard disk for uploading.

Pick your choice.

In time to come all of us have to give up desktop and use cloud desktop and it is the way we have to shape. this will prevent one get hooked to Google's tablets which is getting too commercial even though i supported its from the very beginning.
It keeps its android as proprietary (open Source though) making people to get fixed, somewhat similar to Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment