Thursday, April 25, 2019

Startup Disk Creator to Boot Debianon a USB

I finally found a way to create a Startup Disk for Debian.
Debian by default discourages making a Bootable USB Stick with good reasons.
It has enormous source of packages and one missing file will create configuration problems.
In my case I do not like Live DVD for booting.
They make a lot of noise and I prefer USB booting.
Finally I got MultiSystem to have copy of Debian inside a SSD with many other distributions.
Toady I booted ElementaryOs (it has minimal package system after SDD install) on an external disk and started downloading packages and came across Startup Disk Creator Package.
I tested it with 16 GiB USB and presto it could create a Debian 9.8.0 version on USB Disk in less than ten minutes.
By the way, even if you use the USB stick you ought to have DVD in the CD ROM for the dpkg (package checking) to configure the packages correctly, especially if not connected to the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment