Friday, August 5, 2011

UnetBootIn-Update-Using Vinux booted Ping Eee on USB

I am posting this with Ping Eee booted from USB.
How I did it.
Steps.

1. Booted Vinux from my laptop (It has Pinguy with UnetBootIn, too).

2. Clicked UnetBootIn

3. Selected Ubuntu for Booting from Menu

4. Attached the Hard Disk mounted on USB enclosure (this was the hard disk I removed the other day when I upgraded my laptop with a 500 GiB SATA).

The partitions were formatted with gParted with Knoppix Live On booted and  the USB enclosure attached.
5. Loaded the DVD with multiple Linux images (copied previously)

6. Give the path for the image (Ping Eee on this occasion) in the DVD.

7. Selected Ping Eee and clicked OK after selecting the partition in hard disk where the live image should be installed, mounted on a tray/bay USB enclosure.

Partition used was not FAT but Ext 4.
8. Waited 10 Minutes for automatic installation of the Live Script.

9. Shut down Vinux and Restart with Internet cable attached.

10.Ping Eee up and running and Firefox activated and my fingers doing the rest.

I will Install Ping Eee if the laptop has a free partition but remember I stated above that I have already installed Pinguy (Not Ping Eee).

This post is to put the record straight and my previous post on UnetBootIn is now no longer valid and redundant.

The UnetBootIn has fixed most of the problems which I had when I booted PClinux on a Pendrive 3 months ago.
Thanks guys and girls who updated UnetBootIn and Vinux and Pinguy/Ping Eee for including UnetBootIn in the distribution.
I will load few more distributions in my USB hard disk for future installations On the move / On the fly.

It is cool and cute way Linux works for me.

Can Apple Mac match this feet?

I don't think so, Kevin in Home Alone, says so!

No comments:

Post a Comment