Monday, August 23, 2010

Linux100-Freespire2.0.8-Not in My List

XandrOS has taken away some of the proprietary rights from Linspire and Freespire with probably, Java. Flash and Adobe Acrobat.

I have not downloaded and tested the 2.0.8 version but the 2.0.3 (old version) is good.

I will be with you soon having tested the Fiesta (2.0.8).

Xandros is based from Corel Linux and is doing a good job promoting the commercial version.

(I am not sure of this statement now that I have tested this version).

See Below.

One can pay a fee and download XandroS from it's site which is a good commercial ploy.
I hope they become successful in their endeavour.

P.S.


I do not know what to say.
I downloaded 2.0.8 and that got me to sign up with CNR which I promptly did.

Then when I wanted to activate the registration Firefox in my Linux alerted me that it is not a safe site and validity certificate has expired on February 2010.

I believe that XandrOs has some unhealthy alliance with Microsoft and the Live CD makes me to sign up with Hotmail.

I avoided both these traps and I believe some newbies have been
douched!

I cannot recommend this Live CD and I have to thank Firefox for taking me out of it.
It is marketed with Flash, Acrobat and Java too, thus violating copyrights.
Beware!
Do not even believe me what I have written so far on all the Live CDs I have tested.
Go only for a trusted Linux distribution with a home web site registered with GNU license!

It is slow. Very, very slow to boot.
Must be a Hybrid of Microsoft.

It's X-Windows sounds unfamiliar.

Anybody can take open source and make a hybrid and promote it as genuine Open Source Linux and advertise.

So Beware!
Ask a trusted Linux Guru before embarking.
Learn how to swim in this commercial world of duplicates and Hybrids.

I am not Guru but a Linux enthusiast!

No comments:

Post a Comment