Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dog sense and Mine (observation)

Dog sense and mine

Dog has astute sense.

I do not have that sense but I have the power of simple observation.

I was walking down the road and all the Paraya (stray) dogs were agitated and barking.

All of them know me well.

All of them including the Yorkshire Terrier (abandoned by the master) were very friendly with me.

I just say hello to them, even the most "horryfied" (not the English meaning but the Sinhala translation for horry-the unwelcome skin disorder of all Paraya dogs) one get my attention.

I paused a bit and looked around but saw nothing unusual.

My fifth sense ignited, an extra diligent observation was warranted.

No strangers (dogs kind) have ventured into the area inadvertently.

Then the intensity of the uproar increased and I saw two policemen coming down from a nearby steep foot path.

The oldest dog with one canine missing, with his back to the policemen (in case of aggression by the intruder) was barking at full pitch and volume and cunningly, its frontal (face) partially hidden with the remaining canine clearly visible to the policemen.
The message was clear, "I got one tooth lost and the remainder (canine) has its biting power reduced but I am 80 years old" (human age-the dog age is 16 plus) respectable and wise enough to know a human from a vulture.

I could not stop laughing to myself, since I cannot show my bare back to any XUxx, with or without a hat.

Then when, I reached the bus stop there were two policemen in the boutique, where I usually have a "banana treat" and feed the two adorable dogs who welcome in style and kind.

I looked around to see them.
They have vanished.

Corollary
If you are a foreign visitor and if you do not see stray dogs, please avoid that area.
There is some inherent danger.
Either police or thieves.

So I avoided entering the boutique and reached Kandy to see an altercation of an old man and two women constables both without identity badge (one probably was a reserve).

He was refusing to show his identity card to the officer supposed to be without a badge.

I told myself not only dogs who hate police but vagabonds, too.

My approach toned down the altercation and he paced up away from the two WPCs.

I paced myself to him and gave a friendly advice in a soft but affirmative manner.

This is the period, one sees more policemen than average visitors to the city.

Some of their behaviour is atrocious.

I have seen a policeman urinating in the open, right in front of a mixed school, fortunately (for the policeman) or unfortunately (for me) I did not have a camera.

This is a city some of our Paraya dogs cross the road only at pedestrian crossings and school children are like the policeman mentioned above.

I think (children) they have taken a cue from the law officers.

I avoid the city or find a short cut, if I do visit.

Generally, I avoid the city for the entire duration of the festival.

It is a welcome change to my routines but you will miss many of my observations on the RUN or on the FLY.

Sorry for that.

One more joker (in police parlance) less in the city is better for the ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment