Thursday, August 7, 2014

Falshdrives or Pendrives-How to avoid the Safty Risks?

Of all Flashdrives or Pendrives?
How to avoid the Safty Risks?


Flash Dives are like hypodermic needle used by an Aids patient.

They carry almost 100% risk, if shared at least once.
I have never used a flash drive in my office and brought home.
That practice is over 15 years.
I have a different solution, if I detect a Microsft based Pendrive.
I mount it on a Linux distribution and do a survey and remove suspected files and then format it if necessary.

This treatment was OK 15 years ago.

Now the Malaware is in the (boot file) or in the firmware.

I used them for mounting Linux Distribution, and that's all.
No DATA except in only one out of 30 Flshdrives I have.
I do not share them or ask a Pendrive from a friend.
 
This what Bob Rankin says

Any USB device (flash drive, external hard drive, smartphone, digital camera, mouse, keyboard, etc.) that has been plugged into an untrusted computer should be treated with suspicion -- much like a used hypodermic needle. 
Further, erasing, formatting, or using anti-virus tools will not remove malicious code from the firmware of USB devices. 

And there is no known method at this time to scan USB devices to see if they are clean.

I do not use cellphones, except when I travel.
Then when I return home drop that in a bin at the airport. 
Almost all cellphones are are also infected, does not matter it is iphone or Samsung.
They have not found a way out.
This is true for tablets true.
Where is the IT industry heading us too.
Nemesis, I believe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment