Monday, August 5, 2024

Nostalgia-12-Puppy Linux and X-Windows

I think my addiction to ABiWord comes from Puppy Linux. Puppy always had AbiWord incorporated and later version started from FATPup had LibreOffice and with that I lost interest in Puppy for a while but I always tested them Quirky, Tahr to Lupu to Bionic Pup to FatPup.

Puppy Linux and X-Windows

I now know that X11 Windows exists, since I did some search for my book.

But to tell you the truth I had been using X11 from the very beggining.

What is good about Puppy Linux is, even though it is light in weight it gives you all the instructions at run time.

It says type x-organization wizard or xogwizard and press enter or startx, then in a series of dialog boxes I configure my PC to run Puppy Linux.

It also gave option to Vesa or Proprietary Graphic cards.

1. Lighthouse Pup

2. Turbo Pup

3. Games Pup 

4. Dark Pup of 1.9GB did went into Freeze Mode

5. Yara Pup

6. Devuan PUP

7. Vanila Pup

8. Fossa Pup

9. Tahr Pup

10. Fat Pup

11. Beaver Pup

No comments:

Post a Comment