Monday, August 5, 2024

Nostalgia-02-Fantoo

Nostalgia-01-Fantoo

I thought of winding down Linux adventure here but on second thoughts, I have decided to pen down on Linux distributions that have gone dormant or on the verge of closing down or pulling down the the shop screen.

I feel sad.

It has happened to Fantoo which is Gentoo derivative, not updated from year 2016.

Never through the towel is my motto!

There are over 1000 in the Archive-OS.

When I was in New Zealand 30 years ago, when Americans invaded New Zealand by taking over Telecoms which was FREE when I entered the country, I knew that the small shops I used to visit would be closing down, one by one including Fish and Shop Joints.

MacDonald came it litterd the streets which were pristinely clean when I entered the country.

The Old Lady who was running a "Little Clothing Shop" had problems with Cheap Chinese imports. It eventually closed but we kept in touch with her till her demise in ripe old age.

This is the time, I moved from paediatrics to geariatrics. 

Except people like George Soros who are fabulously rich from torching War after War, all over the Globe, while ordinary old people live  "hand to mouth existence".

These guys will be in hell for sure.

It was sad and I did not like American invasion and I left New Zealand never to return, even on a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment