Thursday, July 11, 2024

Calibre E-book Reader and E-Book Editor

Calibre E-book Reader and E-Book Editor

I have got altogether 4 instances of Debian Gnome in my NUC with 320GB hard disk.

In one of the Gnome instances;

I have got 630,000 odd files of 12.5GB capacity in my root folder of 15GB but my home folder has only 2.0GB of storage with 12.5GB remaining to download any ISO image which I want to test.

What matters is the working /home folder!

I have installed tons of applications including Statistics and Databases, just to test them before finishing my book on "Linux Essentials".

This is what makes Linux file hierarchy and functionality excellent which neither Microsoft Widows and Apple Mac could not match in my life time.

I can safely say these guys who use these proprietary software and hardware are either fabulously rich or stupid to go with their opulence / abundance.

My goal before my demise is to make Linux PC usage to become 10%. 

It is a big ask.

In other words, there is one clever guy among, nine other not so clever guys.

This web site will function long after my demise and one could peruse here, over 2500 entries. 

Only about 30 guys visit this site daily and I have blocked all Google Advertisements and I have no commercial interests and after over 25 years, I have not received a cent from Google.

This site was named Linux 100 to give a running commentary of all Old and New Linux distributions.

Unlike the www.distrowatch.com which is geared to make an income, usually hit rates but "NOT THE REAL USERS" my contributions are always FREE.

I am Going to ditch Google before my demise and I am probing alternative avenues.

Coming back to Callibre which comes from KDE Desktop is a very useful utility which I downloaded last as my Linux application. One can install on Gnome desktop using SNAP.

I am writer and working on 5 books currently, only using Linux utilities to write and I would like to review my own books using Callibre. 

It also has a E-book viewer and E-book editor.

One is at his or her own liberty to download and test them.

No comments:

Post a Comment