Sunday, May 26, 2024

Debian Calamara Installer

Debian Calamara Installer

One has to master the new Debian Calamara Installer, if one has several distributions in the same hard disk.

I made several mistakes over time since I assumed that, like the Ubuntu Installer (the best in town) that lets me corrects my mistakes before OK button is pressed, but the Calamara does not warm me (it assumes, I have made correct decision) but hangs up if partitioning is awkward.

/Efi partition

/boot partition (I believe, it is redundant) 

/root

/usr

/srv services

/opt

I have dropped /var since it gets loaded with variable files and fills this partition, which I find unable to clean and I invariably gets a message saying, there is no space in the hard disk.

It actually FROZE today when I was downloading various desktop type to test.

My test period of desktop types is over. 

Various distributions are all based on Gnome.

They have the same packages underneath.

So why bother changing a distribution for another.

It is far better to have three different types of distributions.

So I decided to erase the LMDE and install Parrot OS 6 version which s better than Kali.

It just finished installing.

I hope, this time I got it right.

By the way, Parrot OS in it's live session has Gparted to partitioning the disk.

Parrot OS got it wrong it did not detect the Debian already nstalled in the GRUB boot loader.

Parrot OS is MATE derivative and MATE being light weight has many missing files.

I am reinstalling Debian.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment