Monday, August 2, 2021

All Carriers Leach You to Nanoseconds

I have so many SIM cards and only three Voice Mails.

I have forgotten their numbers except 5 of them I have used on regular basis.

1. Oldest one of a Combo of Voice and Data has my oldest email from Yahoo.

Thank You Yahoo and I learned about Internet because of you and the email is working perfectly.

I have forgotten the password but Yahoo let me sign in with a coded number to the cellphone.

Yahoo is a top class email provider.

That is very cool on travel abroad.

I started using Gmail much later but that again, starting with Kit Kat version on a Chinese made Tablet. However I could never add new games due to faulty keyboard (no virtual keyboards then).

I got fed of the carrier due to many reasons mainly due to the poor work ethics of workers.

2. I joined a new carrier which excels in customer care even though the service may not be powerful in mega bytes.

All five of them I remember (not by memory) and I did not upload enough data so one of them I could not locate in which cellphone.
Without data one cannot send a SMS and verify.

I now communicate mainly by SMS to save earth and money.
So after uploading Rs.500/= I fiddled two days and by sending only SMS messages and got it by its neck.

Uploading Rs.100/= is not enough for me.

Put that SIM in a cellphone rarely use and stick the other in the Mobile WiFi I bought a long time ago for using on the move.

It had over Rs.2500/= data.

I had been loading it thinking it is the one I used in the WiFi.

Now the point I want to convey here is even though they promise Mega Byte of speed they never touch above 100 Kb per second.

Only way to test is using Transmission torrent and I am trying to download 2.9 GiB Endless OS image and it is taking over one day or more than 24 hours.

This is where WiFi sucks compared to Wired Ethernet connection.

I disconnected the Ethernet to save my wife's data which used to finish in 3 days.

Me going WiFi is for not to have domestic conflicts due to carrier slowdown.

It is running now at 50 Kb and I will run it untill Laptop is fully charged.

I did not charge it since I was using the PC a lot last two days and since the plug had two USB port connected to thr cell phones it is advisable not to do so prevent overheating and fire in your bedroom.

I have two other WiFi gadgets from the same carrier and a Voice Mail that I rarely use.

3. The third carrier did not have the range to provide WiFi service to our home
I bought the Mobile WiFi from them and use the second cariier SIM in it.

I went there to buy a similar (cute one) and they were out of stock and said they are expecting a new stock soon.


4. Fourth carrier is the one I named yesterday with absolutely hopeless customer service and I waited for one hour to erase one data SIM out of use and blasted the woman receptionist in that process.
Since I was getting rid of their service I had no hesitation to be rude.

Naming it here give them advertisement.

It is said that any advertisement good or bad is good in business world.

The piece below is not relevent now since the carrier has clamped down the download speed to 50 Kb per sec.

In passing I could not run a live session of BSD while having USB and double density DVD.

Its image was 4.8 GiB and I could not write it on a 4.7 GiB DVD

After lot of searching I found 8.4 GiB DVD in Kandy city.

I have used Rs.5000/= overnight.

What I did in 8 hours.

Installed Transmission, Deluge and Translation package.

There were no packages to update.

Downloaded 4.5 GiB BSD Image into a 32 GiB USB 3.

Tested it but cannot have a live session without a DVD image.

I bought 3 DVD with capacity less than 4.7 GiB and BSD Image is 4.8 GiB and I need a high capacity DVD and not available on my city.

I did not have any spare DVD with high capacity.

It is safer to write the image (1GiB ) to a 4GiB USB 2 and run it live.

Deluge was very slow and I had to download Transmission and finish downloading the image.

My data upload finished with 4 MB short of the full image.

So I had a few hours of sleep and got up.

Removed a SIM from one of my unused cellphones and stuck it to a Mobile WiFi, which I bought a few years ago (the price is double now due to Rupee depreciating) and download the remaining 4 MiB of the image Data in few seconds.

I have used two WiFi connections and two SIM cards of two different carriers and used less than four hours and I was down with Rs.5000/=.

That's it.

They Leach you and it SUCKS.

If you are fully retired and live on hand to mouth existence throw away your smart phone.

Do not pay through your ARSE for the rentals.

SOLUTION.

1. Use only Prepaid services.

2. Do not go for monthly rental for a few calls a week.

3. Have one Voice SIM.

4. Have another DATA SIM which is cheap and use only SMS messages.

5. If your friend cannot use a cellphone (I have become an expert in one finger typing on a cellphone) for SMS messages delete him from your list of contacts.

6. I forgot to record that I downloaded the Telephone Utility which is faster than Facebook and one can create a Chat Group.

I believe it has added video function recently.

7. If you are are not a techie please do not use a smart cellphone with touch screen but use an old Nokia with big number pads.

Nokia is the originator of all cellphones.

8. Do not throw your old cellphone.
It is very useful.

I do not have one but then I used only the land phone.

Land phone is out of order currently, after I installed a new receiver to get rid of smell of our own saliva.

It harbours the Coronavirus.

All cellphones carry this virus especially if it a second hand one.

To mitigate Coronavirus we need to incinerate all cellphones made in China.

WHO has not realized or figured out  this danger or hazard yet.

Not only bats but cellphones too carry the virus.

9. The cellphones are made for ladies for gossip rounds and not for intellectual men (but only for dumb guys) for creative work.

10. Do not let the cellphone takes your freedom away.

By the way, I gave a call to the guy I donated my cellphone.

This guy does not know how to use it and has no email.

11. If you do not have a Google Email, one cannot use this little computer for productivity.

Google is updating at a rapid speed and if you do not have the Android version 11, you may not be able to use your phone by 2025.

BEWARE industry is moving very fast and they are worried about only 5G for sucking money out of you for a Film you missed as a kid in a Cinema but NOW you have to pay (not the 60 cents we paid for a gallery seat) through your ARSE.

Life is to enjoy at a slow pace but not to sit in front of a Idiot Box.


No comments:

Post a Comment