Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pinguy Linux 14-04-Firefox Warning-Nasty Cookie

Pinguy Linux 14-04-Firefox Warning

This is a warning for anybody who uses new version of Pinguy Linux 14-04.

It has added lot of eye catching cosmetic changes but there is a problem with Firefox when you start it first time.
It runs a nasty cookie before (wine something) starting Firefox automatically and one cannot stop it.

Then one opens Google Search, it does not let you search with Google.

This nasty cookie is killing both FireFox and Google in one go.

I think Pinguy has to work hard to prevent this.

I was to write a blog piece Technology Killing Linux Stars but this piece has to come first.

Thank god I tested Pinguy and Ubuntu 14.04  for different reason.

Just to test USB Multibooting Utilities and found this piece of malaware that comes with simple automation without security check ups.

One of the worries I have with modern Linux including Google's Android is lack of security and root permission before installing software.
All Linux developers should go back to basics in Security and all root permission to avoid this scenario, I have encountered.

Sorry for any errors in English, I have a little problem with LibreOffice, with lack of backup memory.

I generally work in LibreOffice and there after paste it on Google blog.
Not Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment