Tuesday, June 9, 2020

EasyOS publishes tool for writing disk images

I had few problem with RubecaBlack, PCLinux and OpenMandriva to boot on USB hard Drive (not USB stick).
Thankfully MultiSystem Linux helped me to accomplish (it has a disk writer) the task.
Lately I found Puppy Linux does a better job.
Puppy Linux was my entry into Linux.
I still love it, even though I use Big Brother Debian as my work horse.
It is simply very stable and I have not changed from Debian 9.1.
I have Debian 10 copies on portable USB hard disks (I do not want to miss the Plasma Desktop) which I have collected over 25 years of computing and 20 more in Linux and totally Linux in the last five to seven years. 
By the way, RubecaBlack Linux has several lovely new desktops and its Western Style, I love.
It is a beautiful desktop environment.
It has enlightenment desktop too.

 Go enjoy Linux.
Reproduction
EasyOS publishes tool for writing disk images
Barry Kauler, the developer behind such interesting distributions as EasyOS and Puppy Linux has announced the availability of a helpful tool for writing operating system images to USB thumb drives and SD cards. The new tool is called EasyDD and can work in either command line or graphical desktop modes. 
The utility detects available removable drives and can transfer both regular and compressed images to a USB thumb drive. The utility is designed to be highly portable with minimal dependencies. "There is no problem with using EasyDD in CLI mode, in fact that is the author's preferred mode. However, if you are running some Linux distribution other than a Puppy-derivative, there is also a "portable" version, similar to an AppImage, with everything bundled into a single executable, including 'gtkdialog'. In fact, EasyDD-portable will run in GUI mode on any linux, x86 32-bit or 64-bit, and only needs some basic utilities in the host system, such as 'gzip', 'tar', 'realpath', 'mkdir', 'cd', 'tail' and 'cp' -- and it would be a pretty weird distribution that doesn't have those."

No comments:

Post a Comment