Sunday, November 24, 2019

Birds of feather flock together

Birds of feather flock together

I have still not recovered from the demise (five years ago) of our dog (not really mine but my daughter's).
I believe he is in heaven and is acting as a guardian angle for many if not for us.
It is said all dogs go to heaven and all politician of Ceylon go to hell (even there they keep on fighting)!

His departure has made some unexpected dividends for me.
I left the roof top garden to wilderness and quickly all the birds took over the administration of it by default.
Initially to quench the thirst but later to control the number of spiders and still later build nests.
I am not a welcome visitor when the  munia is active.

 


The birds come in flocks and I can identify only five or six birds songs over 20 chirps!
The Mynah, Ceylon Oriole, munia (Butticchas) Kingfisher, Eagles and magpie are the on I can identify.
The rest  are early birds or nocturnal visitors.
There are lot of plants I never planted including pipal tress (Bo Trees), three in number, I potted in.
They are my weather indicators.
Leaves fall with dry season and the new ones come with the first fall of rain.
Its roots are the longest of all and sturdy.
My latest interest is water lilies and with rain there is always a flower to greet us.
This interest I borrowed from water garden concept of current president in waters edge in Battaramulla.
There is a guy there expert in growing lilies, even from seeds not yams.

No comments:

Post a Comment