Thursday, September 26, 2019

How I use my computer as a heater to warm me

How I use my computer as a heater to warm me
Internet is down to snail pace and I decided to test my computer CPUs working capacity and the memory use.
All CPUs are running currently at 25-35% capacity.
Memory use was only 30% and I have to wait one solid hour to transfer my hard disk files including films to the USB stick of 16 GiBs.
The reason being to transfer them to my laptop running Debian 10.1.0 smoothly.
In case of electricity failure I could fiddle my fingers and twist my brain to write something tangible and not political, with election heating up.
Now one of those CPUs were heating up to 50 degrees and was not to my liking.
Running a simple job of transferring files consumes electricity. 
It is all right on a cold day but on a hot day your computer is a fire hazard.
I thought of fiddling with the processor use or speed but decided against knowing very well Linux will automatically correct the scenario.
This is the advantage of having four or more processors.
Unfortunately Microsoft cannot handle this type of work which Linux does in the background.
Time for you to learn Linux and change over to Linux if you a heavy user of your computer gadgets. 
It runs for 10 years without breaking down if correctly configured.
Then I may have kicked the bucket but you can buy a new machine for your liking from the saving you have made using Linux 24/7 routine.
I have decided not to buy anymore gadgets including tablets but buy the cheapest new cellphone (in my case to play tiny games) on the market when down to half price.
But that won't warm me up but my laptop on the lap would keep me warm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment