Thursday, September 26, 2019

Cats and Dogs


Cats and Dogs
I never run short of ideas to write.
I hate this.
Tell this to a paper editor he will have a heart attack
I prefer to be a thinker than a talker.
I was a talker of a very elegant but difficult medical field and I could not make a student to follow my steps.
I won’t consider that as a failure on my part but the failure of the education system to screen top notch (management term) students.
I have written about this in details elsewhere.
Suffice is to say, don of a particular field should have a say in selection with some safeguards to negate nepotism.
World and human behaviour is not perfect but we should try to find an equitable entry point to higher education even though it a high ask.
There should be a “viva vose” at entry as in Oxford University, well before advanced level and give them a target to aim at.
There should be at least hundred candidates (60 would be enough if the entry examination is stream lined).
That makes the Professor or selection panel’s chief to have a heart attack (he should not die but retire with grace) at the end of the interview and create a vacancy, so that that young guy can enter in his prime not decades later when he/she is in moribund state.
Thanks to Bertrand Russell and Edward De Bone I have stopped being a talker and a writer but a thinker mostly due to lateral thinking strategy of the latter.
Reading Bertrand Russell is pretty difficult and that made me to improve my English (not English English but what I call the academic or technical English) as a child.
I am still searching for the book “Why I am not a Christian”.
That book I read in pieces was lost when my father died and I was in UK.
His books vanished before the 5th day, well before Dhana so, I was told.
I came for the funeral (getting an air ticket was pretty difficult within 10 days), just half an hour before the final rights were bestowed.
My father was not a thinker but man with lot of reading including astrology (I destroyed his astrology beliefs with only one stroke) not astronomy.
It took a long time for me to wean my mother off sooth tellers.
Thankfully Abraham T Koover was at his height.
I became a scientist (keen observer) and adept at reading astronomy at a distance including event horizon.
Coming back to cats and dogs.
I love dogs.
I hate cats.
Reasoning as follows but I posit only the key points.
1. Cats steal food even well fed.
The cat who vandalize our neighbourhood eats the food given to the little pup next door.
2. Cats kill and eat unlucky beings including cockroaches and geckos, whom I begin to relate as my evolutionary cousins.
3. All cat lovers are all spiteful and jealous people.
They have similar genes exposed.
4, Cats kill their kind not necessarily due to territorial disputes.
If you look at the sexual behaviour (just like our politicians) of cats, you do understand the pecking order.
Not like birds.
That is why I hate politicians and love only birds.
Having said that I have saved two cats (Ginger and Banti) from the predators.
5. They eat their own young when hungry.
I should not enlarge any more fearing heart attacks for cat lovers.
In summary dogs are the opposite of the cats.
They never eat their young.
They love you unreservedly more than your spouse.
That is why Americans have more than one dog, one for each spouse to learn to love fellow beings, especially of foreign descent.
Coming to the next door neighbours pup, I told the elderly gent at his age he should train him early less he would find difficult to manage running after her.
The pup has learnt to whimper but raise its tone to a little higher pitch and give up altogether.
She is not boisterous annoying the neighbor.
I give an empathic glance to tell her she is not alone.
She goes and hide in her cage.
I have of course not have another dog.
Only the dog I named Lone Ranger in the campus could be transferred to another master.
He was left out by a don in its early age and learned to adapt to rapid change of personnel at Peradeniya University.
His owner would have become a bad and selfish professor.
Having said that, one of the Professors of clinical faculties was crying with his pet dog in his lap, I was told.
Who says doctors do not cry.
Yes they cry when their favorite patient dies not because of sympathy but due to loss of future substance in excess of his/her needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment