Saturday, December 22, 2018

Birds of Feather (flock together)

Birds of Feather (flock together) 
It was strange coincidence that I manged to see over ten varieties of birds in one hour in our neighbourhood.

This happens with impending bad weather and rain elsewhere.

1. The first visitor was a babbler what shade (at least two varieties) I cannot say with my poor vision. Followed by five and few more to make four pairs.

2. Ceylon Oriole pair

3. Black headed (not red headed) bul bul

4. Amother set of babblers

5. Single parrot (probably missed its clan)
Usually three pairs 

6. Sixth was an blue green bird I have never seen in my neighbourhood.
This is the third occasion I saw two of them and hid in no time with my eye contact.

7. Pani Kurrula or the honey bird

8. Big noise twitter or the Munia 

9. The wide bodied Karala

10. Two sets of Mynah.

11. Ash coloured wood pigeon

12. Pair of house sparrows

13. Koha or Koel

14. An Eagle

15. A Kingfisher

I love the Mynahs.
He/She is always in high mood and his/her musical tone when alone is soothing. The chatterbox are the Munias. 
The early warning comes from squirrels.
The babblers do the chorus.
The cry of eagles and wood pigeon is not so nice and bit painful (hunger pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment